- Coat the duck with salt and let stand for 15 minutes. Wash again, drain.
- Mix tamarind and water, press and sieve.
- Add ground shallots, coriander, granulated sugar, salt, sweet soy sauce and pepper. Let stand overnight in the marinade in a cool place.
- Next day boil the duck in the marinade for about 30 minutes then take from flame. Take duck out of pan and drain.
- Heat oil and fry duck until brownish. Return duck into the sauce. Add water if needed and continue cooking until duck is tender and sauce thickened.